On the edge of the Chiltern Hills in the west of Hertfordshire, in one of the county’s “chocolate box” villages. The church is the common Hertfordshire mix of 13th and 14th century work. The stone parclose screens around the Pendley Chapel enclose the tomb of Sir Robert Whittingham and his wife. It was restored by Edward Browning in 1864-66.
Find Places, Architects & Themes
Make the pictures bigger
Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.
- Chapel, Queenswood School, Shepherd’s Way, Brookmans Park
- Campus Church, Hyde Way, Welwyn Garden City (Independent Baptist)
- Cemetery Chapel, Ashwell
- National Children’s Home Chapel (Former), Highfield Oval, Harpenden now Youth With A Mission (YWAM)
- Woollensbrook Cemetery & Crematorium, Hertford Road, Hoddesdon