A surprisingly high church for a village church. The church features a 1920s rood and rood loft (by F.C. Eden) and six candles on the altar. Mainly 14th century, but with an earlier chancel. 19th century restoration was by Gilbert Scott in 1858 and J.T. Micklethwaite and Somers Clarke 1887-91.
Find Places, Architects & Themes
Make the pictures bigger
Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.
- Campus Church, Hyde Way, Welwyn Garden City (Independent Baptist)
- Cemetery Chapel, Ashwell
- National Children’s Home Chapel (Former), Highfield Oval, Harpenden now Youth With A Mission (YWAM)
- Woollensbrook Cemetery & Crematorium, Hertford Road, Hoddesdon
- Primitive Methodist (Former), Cheapside, Anstey