Sitting raised above the town centre. A large medieval church with a brick tower top and unusually a spire, both of which were added in 1812. Joseph Clarke restored the church in 1867-68 and there was a more recent restorations by Stephen Dykes-Bower in 1960s and 70s. The chancel misericords are reputed to be from the old St Paul’s Cathedral. There is a huge collection of carved corbels and headstops around the church.