A fire, cause unknown, started in the early morning of 9 December 2018 and has seriously damaged the building. Restoration and re-ordering are under way and expected to be completed in 2022. The church before the fire is shown lower down.
A large town church in the middle of a park. The nave is the adapted remains of a Priory. There is original 13th-century work but much that is 16th or 17th century. The chancel and tower are 19th century. The post WW2 window is by Hugh Easton. The alabaster knight is of around 1415.