One of the county’s largest churches with a low tower and fine east view across the landscaped river side. The tower is 12th/13th century, the nave 14th century with a 15th century clerestory. The north and south chapels are from the second half of the 15th century. It was restored by G.G. Scott in 1858-65 and George Pace in 1962.