Home » Old Hall Green » St Edmund of Canterbury and English Martyrs, Old Hall Green (Roman Catholic)

St Edmund of Canterbury and English Martyrs, Old Hall Green (Roman Catholic)

Find Places, Architects & Themes

Make the pictures bigger

Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.

In the countryside behind St Edmund’s College near Puckeridge. The architect was Arthur Young and it dates from 1911. It replaced a church of  1818 attached to a farmhouse called “Old Hall” both of which exist at the east end of the church. The old church (the white building below) is now used by St Edmund’s College as a gym.

 old_hall_green_st_edmund_rc021014_1 old_hall_green_st_edmund_rc021014_4
 old_hall_green_st_edmund_rc021014_2  old_hall_green_st_edmund_rc021014_9
 old_hall_green_rc_church080912_1  old_hall_green_rc_church080912_
 old_hall_green_st_edmund_rc021014_8  old_hall_green_st_edmund_rc021014_5
 old_hall_green_st_edmund_rc021014_7

Church website

Taking Stock entry

Listed Building Details for Old Church

Advertisements