Attractively sited at one end of Boxmoor Common , just south west of the new town centre. It is a church of 1868-74 by R. Norman Shaw, with a western extension by T.F. Woodman of 1893. The Dalle de Verre window is by Joseph Nuttgens and dates from 1972. The brass is a 20th century memorial in a medieval style.
St John the Evangelist, Boxmoor, Hemel Hempstead
Find Places, Architects & Themes
Make the pictures bigger
Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.
- Campus Church, Hyde Way, Welwyn Garden City (Independent Baptist)
- Cemetery Chapel, Ashwell
- National Children’s Home Chapel (Former), Highfield Oval, Harpenden now Youth With A Mission (YWAM)
- Woollensbrook Cemetery & Crematorium, Hertford Road, Hoddesdon
- Primitive Methodist (Former), Cheapside, Anstey