A large church less than a mile north east of the city centre. The church is by William Woodward. The chancel, lady chapel and organ chamber date from 1896, the nave, which replaced an iron church , was added 1901-02. The font is 15th century from Maldon in Essex. The lady chapel screen and reredos are by Martin Travers. The chancel reredos is attributed to Walter Tapper.