A private Roman Catholic School alongside the old A10 south of Puckeridge. The chapel was designed by Augustus Pugin and built 1845-53 in the style of an Oxbridge College chapel. The Lady Chapel of 1861 and the Schofield Chantry of 1862 were added by his son E.W. Pugin. F.A. Walters added a Shrine Chapel in 1904 and a Galilee Chapel in 1922.It is not right by the road but from certain angles can be seen from a long way off as in the hazy view taken from across the fields a mile away to the south-east.
St Edmund’s College Chapel, Old Hall Green (Roman Catholic)