Seemingly disused, this chapel was built over the grave of Robert Hugh Benson (died 1914), a son of the Archbishop of Canterbury who converted to Roman Catholicism. It stands in the grounds of Hare Street House where he lived and which was bequeathed to the Archbishops of Westminster as a country home. The exterior can be seen through a locked lych gate on the B1038 towards Great Hormead. Apparently a brew house in the grounds (not publicly visible) was also converted to a chapel.
St Hugh’s Chapel, Hare Street (Roman Catholic)