At the western end of the largest of several hamlets in the area. It is now housing and currently (April 2015) undergoing extension. It appears to have belonged to the Countess of Huntingdon’s Connexion according to the Victoria County History but later became a church of the Free Church of England which had its origins in that Connexion. It was originally built in the 1820s and extended in 1866.
St Mary’s Chapel (former), Bendish Lane, Whitwell