Hanbury Manor Hotel is a country house hotel between Ware and Thundridge. It was built as by Ernest George and Peto in 1890-91, but became a convent school in 1923 for which a chapel was added in 1934. The school closed in 1986 and became a luxury hotel in 1990. The chapel is now a function room called Poles Hall.
Poles Convent Chapel, Thundridge (now Poles Hall, Hanbury Manor Hotel)