This was the chapel for Caldicott Preparatory School which moved away from Hitchin in 1938. The site was then used by the war Department and after that various government departments and then it became a Youth centre that closed in 1984. It is on the Hitchin local list and that noted in 2011 as “Distinct signs of lack of maintenance”. It is now a private house at the bottom of Highbury Road , just behind the Walsworth Baptist church.
Caldicott Chapel (former), Highbury Road, Hitchin