The workhouse, on the eastern side of the town has been redeveloped as housing since 2004 after being the Herts and Essex Hospital which has been rebuilt on part of the site. It was built between 1836 and 1842 according to the town council source which identifies the building below as a chapel or 1856 according to the listing which does not mention a chapel. This building and its twin next door are described in the listing as entrance lodges. The third source does not mention a chapel at all.
Chapel (former), Workhouse, Cavell Drive, Hockerill, Bishops Stortford