Home » Aldbury
Category Archives: Aldbury
Hidden from the road behind Lace Cottage in Stocks Road, Aldbury. From the road only part of a tile hung wall can be seen, a public footpath at the rear of Stocks Road enables a view of an end wall only. It was built around 1827 or 1836 depending on the source used.
On the edge of the Chiltern Hills in the west of Hertfordshire, in one of the county’s “chocolate box” villages. The church is the common Hertfordshire mix of 13th and 14th century work. The stone parclose screens around the Pendley Chapel enclose the tomb of Sir Robert Whittingham and his wife. It was restored by Edward Browning in 1864-66.