Home » Archard and Partners
Category Archives: Archard and Partners
Serving western Hemel Hempstead. The church dates from 1898 (Blessed Sacrament Chapel), extended in 1900 (sacristy), 1903 (chapel extended), 1938 (further extension by A. H. Archard of Marshall & Archard) and 1951 (sanctuary and further extension by Archard Partners).
Serving south and east Welwyn Garden City and built in 1959-60 to designs by Archard and Partners, It is a prominent landmark in the Woodhall district. The interior was re-ordered in 1980s with new sanctuary furniture and fibreglass windows by Carmel Cauchi. The east window glass of 1969 was removed and relocated to the south transept and the decorative ceiling pattern installed. In 2011 new glass by Matthew Lloyd Winder was installed in the aisle windows.