Home » Berkhamsted
Category Archives: Berkhamsted
The Foundling School moved out from central London to Redhill, Surrey in 1925 while a new campus high above the south side of Berkhamsted was built. This was designed by John Mortimer Sheppard and completed in 1935. Subsequently in 1951 this became a state secondary school – Ashlyns. The chapel is at the centre of the main school range, about 100 metres off the public road.
On a road off the High Street near the Baptist Church. Used only from 1854-56, it has long been converted into a pair of semi-detached houses.
Now Dominos Pizza and hardly recognisable as a chapel of 1867, it was converted into offices in the 1970s and flats and retail premises in 2004. Large arched windows are just visible at the side of the building.
Over the road and up the hill from Kings Road Church who own the building as a meeting room.
Just off the north side of the High Street, but most services are held in the Civic Centre.