Home » Brookmans Park
Category Archives: Brookmans Park
An independent Methodist girl’s school that moved here from Clapham in the 1925. The chapel in a perpendicular style dates from 1927-1928 and was designed by Josiah Gunton of Gunton & Gunton, shortly after the school moved here. It is very difficult to see from the road as the images below show.
This building, now house, predates its use as a church by many years. It was built as the squash court for Moffats a local large house. It was purchased in 1948 and an appeal for £1,500 in 1949 to convert it to a chapel, succeeded and conversion started in 1950 with consecration in 1951. It lasted until the 1990s, being converted to a house around 1997. This conversion added the street level windows.
The only church in this large commuter village south of Hatfield.