Home » Cemetery Chapel
Category Archives: Cemetery Chapel
Alongside the A10 on the country side of the A10 coming out of Hoddesdon. It was opened in 2017 and there is a chapel in the main building at the top of the hill.
At the western edge of the town, a small kept cemetery opened in 1894. The chapel is normally open.
On a hilltop overlooking the town, there are two disused chapels facing each other. One was Anglican and the other non conformist. They are similar but one has lancets at the entrance end and a gable cross, the other no crosses but cross-shaped windows at the entrance end. The cemetery dates from 1878.
Just beyond the southern edge of Stevenage. A modern crematorium privately owned by Austin’s undertakers. There is a non denominational chapel in the complex.