Home » Furneux Pelham
Category Archives: Furneux Pelham
A 16th century barn at Tinker’s hall whose upper floor was transformed into a Roman Catholic chapel in the 1940s when Neville and Florence Lake, owners of the Rayments brewery in the village converted to Roman Catholicism and decided they wanted their own chapel. It was served by priests from surrounding parishes until its closure in July 2013. The furnishings and vestments that had been collected from a variety of sources were dispersed after closure.
The largest village and church of the Pelhams and featuring William Morris glass designed by Burne-Jones. The ceiling of the nave was restored and brightly painted in recent years. The nave and tower date from the 14th century, the chancel from the 13th century.. The south chapel was added around 1518.