Home » Goddard, A. R.
Category Archives: Goddard, A. R.
Half way up the steep hill leading south from the village’s main street. The current building is by the Rev. A R Goddard and dates from 1889, it replaced a chapel of 1812. The church closed in 1965, apart from a funeral service in 1967/8 and was eventually sold to an organisation called Back to God, but their plans fell through and by 1973 it was vandalised, but was saved by conversion to a house in 1977. There are still, mostly flattened, grave stones in the front garden.