Home » Morris glass
Category Archives: Morris glass
The tower dates from 1630, but the church itself consists of aisles of 1825 by W. Atkinson between which Arthur Blomfield added a new nave and chancel in 1890-91. The east window is a large Burne-Jones crucifixion by Morris and Co. It is shared with the Methodists under a Local Ecumenical Partnership.
The largest village and church of the Pelhams and featuring William Morris glass designed by Burne-Jones. The ceiling of the nave was restored and brightly painted in recent years. The nave and tower date from the 14th century, the chancel from the 13th century.. The south chapel was added around 1518.
On the edge of the Goldings estate just north of Hertford. It was designed by Henry Woodyer and built 1871-72. The interior is a treasure house of Morris glass designed by a variety of Pre-Raphaelite artists, Powell mosaics and some fine 20th century glass by Christopher Whall, Karl Parsons and Douglas Strachan.
In the centre of an attractive village south of Hertford. The church appears Victorian having been rebuilt in 1857 with further work by E. Swinfen Harris in 1893-1894 which included the east window and many furnishings. There is a Morris & Co window of 1911 and the east window is by a Danish artist Arild Rosenkrantz and dates from 1919. The north aisle altar table and the doors are both 17th century.
Just outside the walls of Hatfield House and Palace. Large but aisleless nave (David Brandon 1872) but substantial transepts and chancel chapels. Fine Burne-Jones glass in one transept and a war memorial window by Christopher Whall in the nave and many monuments to the Salisburys in their private chapel.