Home » St Albans
Category Archives: St Albans
These steps near the Abbey are the only remains of a barn that was licensed for Methodist meetings in 1794.
Built in 1844 but vacated in 1875, when it passed into use by the Dagnall Street Baptist Church. From 1934 -2003 it was used by the St Albans Band for rehearsals, hence the name given to the house into which it was converted in 2012.
On the east side of the town opposite St Paul’s church. The chapel is a nineteenth century building
This range of buildings was the town’s Methodist complex from 1824 to 1841. Ashbrittle House on the left was a schoolroom, Dagnall House in the centre was the Chapel and Canon House was the Minister’s House.
An independent evangelical church just off Hatfield Road in the east of the town. The church was founded in 1939, the oldest part of the building was originally a laundry and it has since been extended.
Behind the shops and just up the road from St Mary’s in the centre of Marshalswick, the building dates from 1967.