Home » St Albans (Page 2)
Category Archives: St Albans
In the eastern suburbs of the town towards Marshallswick. The original building on the site is now the hall and dates from 1949-50, with the current church at right angles being built in 1964 and extended in 1990.
An independent evangelical church just off the town centre.
On the main road into St Albans from the east. The current complex consists of a large church of 1928 designed by G. Gordon Smith which is now used as a hall and a smaller, partitionable worship area added around 1990.
An evangelical church housed in an ex industrial unit on the eastern edge of St Albans.
A refurbished and adapted unit on an industrial estate off Ashley Road. There is a very large galleried worship area and auditorium leading off an equally large atrium.
A short way north of St Peter’s church just outside the city centre. The church dates from 1980-81 and is over the road from administrative offices for the church.
A prominent landmark near the City Station. It dates from 1902 and was designed by Smee, Mence and Houchin. It was badly damaged by fire in 1981 and the church was rebuilt within the shell leaving a smaller worship area and many ancillary rooms.