Home » Thundridge
Category Archives: Thundridge
Hanbury Manor Hotel is a country house hotel between Ware and Thundridge. It was built as by Ernest George and Peto in 1890-91, but became a convent school in 1923 for which a chapel was added in 1934. The school closed in 1986 and became a luxury hotel in 1990. The chapel is now a function room called Poles Hall.
The ruined tower of the old church alone in the fields at Cold Christmas and unfortunately frequently vandalised. The top six pictures are from 2013 or 2011 (top right). The lower ones are from 2015 following attempts at securing the tower. The lowest 4 pictures are from December 2016 showing attempts to again secure the tower and to preserve the reset norman doorway.