Home » United Reformed Church
Category Archives: United Reformed Church
Raised above street level at the south end of the town centre. It was built 1929-30 as the Congregational Church, replacing a building of 1905 at the rear and began being used by the Reform Jewish congregation in 1971. In 1980 the United Reformed Church congregation joined with the Methodists in their church as the United Free Church and the building became a Synagogue.
Hidden way down a drive, off the main road through Chiswell Green. It is a simple building of 1971.
The building of 1953 was replaced in 1989, but is now all but disused as a church. The building is principally used by the Community Learning Partnership with the congregation now sharing St John’s URC, Northwood.
The only church in this large commuter village south of Hatfield.
Just off the High Street, a church of 1819 built for Congregationalists, replacing an earlier church destroyed by fire.
A short way east of the town centre, a church of 1934.