A low hall with the worship space on the left hand side of the building, just the banner and cross indicate this inside.
A conversion of a commercial unit on an industrial estate near Cheshunt station.
An independent Methodist girl’s school that moved here from Clapham in the 1925. The chapel in a perpendicular style dates from 1927-1928 and was designed by Josiah Gunton of Gunton & Gunton, shortly after the school moved here. It is very difficult to see from the road as the images below show.
A converted industrial unit just south of the town centre.
In the northeast of the town, this site was originally a settlement for homeless children founded by a Methodist minister Thomas Bowman Stephenson. It moved from London to this site in 1913 but closed in the 1980s. The site became the National Children’s Home, a charity now known as Action for Children. It is now a centre for the Christian community outreach and training organisation Youth with a mission. The chapel is one of a range of buildings around a central grassy oval/
Alongside the A10 on the country side of the A10 coming out of Hoddesdon. It was opened in 2017 and there is a chapel in the main building at the top of the hill.
Sitting on the boundary between two houses in Cheapside, a short way from its replacement the Union Chapel built in 1902. This small wooden chapel was built in the late 19th century and after replacement was used as a meeting room and hall, known locally as The Cabin. In 1988 it was sold to the two adjoining properties called Little Thatch and Oakwood. At the time of my visit in early September 2018 it was undergoing reconstruction. It is difficult to determine how much of the original building remains. The bottom right image shows the reconstructed building in January 2019.
This 17th or 18th cottage on the main road through Cottered was used as the village Meeting House from 1742 prior to its transfer to the house in Meeting House Lane in the early nineteenth century.